Tuesday, July 10, 2007

TUESDAY, JULY 10, 2007

On this day:




1964-The Beatles released their album "A Hard Days Night."





1965-Sonny and Cher had a #1 hot with "I Got You Babe."






1979-Chuck Berry was sentenced to 4 months in prison for tax evasion for underpaying $200,000.





1985-Coca-Cola stopped selling "New Coke" and brought back "Coke Classic."






1989-Mel Blanc, the man of a thousand voices passed away at the age of 81.




1991-Boris Yeltsin became the first elected president of Russia.


1999-The women's U.S. soccer team won the World Cup.



2001-Harrison Ford rescued a 13 year old boy in his private helicopter who was lost in Yellowstone National Park.





BIRTHDAYS:


Jessica Simpson-27




Gary LeVox-37







Arlo Guthrie-60






Jake LaMotta-86





Battle of the Sexes-The women won, again. (My fingers are so tired of typing that)



TICKED OFF-In this morning's ticked, a guy was mad someone called the cops on him for parking in the handicapped space "for only a few minutes." COME ON! If you're not handicapped, walk your lazy butt the few extra feet and give it to someone that really needs it!



Another ticked off was from me this morning...A guy approached me at a gas station with my kids in the car asking for money. He wasn't a bum, he looked clean, but seemed like he wanted the money for something other than a Powerade or Now-n-Laters. I told him no and he walked off. The thing that bothered me is that he would walk up on women right as they were exiting their cars to pump gas and I'm sure he scared them. I was going to call the cops, but I decided not to. Should I have called?



HELLO MONEY BAGS!
Do you know of someone that is so rich that you have benefited from their wealth? We had a listener that was flown from Orlando to the Bahamas in a private plane, just for lunch! Another lady called up and took 50 people to Vegas for her wedding and paid for all of it! I thought I was being nice the other day when I bought Wendy's for my friend!






Update on Fran-She is home and resting comfortably from her ankle surgery yesterday. She is now the proud owner of a titanium plate and 7 screws in her ankle. Thank you for all of the e-mails asking how she was, our listeners are the best!






TOMORROW MORNING-Get ready to poof up your hair and put on your concert T-shirt! Bret Michaels from Poison joins the Scott and Erica Show tomorrow morning at 8:10am!

No comments: