Monday, June 4, 2007

Thanks for the memories Billy!


OK, you know that when I post it is typically a recap of the day's show. Well, I will give you the info at the bottom of this post, but I needed a minute to vent.

Granted, I may be a little biased because I am an FSU fan and I also do announcing for the Orlando Magic. However, I will say that when it was announced that Billy Donovan was going to be the next Magic coach, I was ecstatic! And not only was I excited, but Orlando as a whole was too. The Magic's website got over 300,000 hits that day, on a given day then get about 70,000. They sold 200 new season tickets when it was announced that he was coming to Orlando. Fans were excited, until he ripped our hearts out.

How dare you Billy Donovan make a commitment to the Orlando Magic then decide to change your mind. I totally understand the need to make the right decision for you and for your family. However, you made a commitment, got an entire city hyped over your arrival, and now you have let us down. Like one listener called in and said this morning, he is a teacher to the kids at Florida and what does this teach them about making a commitment and sticking to their word? Nothing!

I think the man is a genius on the court and I think my anger is more of jealousy that Gainesville gets to keep him. But, I wish he would have taken a little more time to make his original decision to come to Orlando. There were no time constraints and instead of letting us all down, he could have simply taken his time and said thanks for the offer, but my home and heart are in Gainesville.




What now? Hello PL Carlesimo or Stan Van Gundy



Today's Birthdays-
Angelina Jolie-32
Scott Wolf-39
El Debarge-46
Dr. Ruth-79


On this day:
1896-Henry Ford introduced the horseless carriage
1937-Sylvan Goldman invented the shopping cart
1967-The Monkees won an Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series
1984-The album "Born In the USA" was released
2003-Martha Stewart stepped down as CEO of her company


Battle of the Sexes-WHAT A BATTLE! They both answered all 3 questions correctly and it went to the tiebreaker. Of course, the women won, and the men are down by 26.


$25 Pyramid-I played this morning and ran the table!


Be listening to Scott and Erica every morning at 6:20, 7:20, and 8:20 to hear who the artist of the day is so you can win a $1000 shopping fix!

No comments: