Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday, October 5, 2007

On this day:


1921- The World Series was broadcast on radio for the first time





1947- President Truman held the first presidential address televised from the White House
1950- The game show "You Bet Your Life" moved to TV with host Groucho Marx
1969- Monty Python's Flying Circus debuted on the BBC

1989- The Dalai Lama won the Nobel Peace Prize

1989- Televangelist Jim Bakker was convicted on all 24 counts of fraud and conspiracy


2005- The National Hockey League resumed play after the previous season was canceled by a labor dispute





Birthday's-

Diahann Carroll-74

Steve Miller-64

Jeff Conoway-57

Bob Geldof-53


Bernie Mac-49




Daniel Baldwin-47

Josie Bissett-37


Kate Winslet-32







Nicky Hilton-24



Ewww!
Scott was talking about his morning routine and thinks that we forgot to put on deodorant this morning. I happen to have a stick of roll-on in my car and offered it to him. Well, he took me up on my offer, which I didn't expect! We're both germ-a-phobes and I had to think twice about whether or not it's gross to share deo with someone. What do you think? Would you be willing to share your deodorant with a friend or is that a place that you don't share anything? Zack ended up going to 7-11 and bought him a stick.



Battle of the Sexes- It was one of the best Battle's ever! Both players got all 3 questions right and it came down to the tiebreaker and the men won! 4 out of 5 games this week for the men!



Glenn Richards-Unfortunately, Glenn doesn't like the weather this weekend. He said to expect rain off and on all weekend with lots of wind. If you have outdoor plans, you may want to move things inside. On the Glenn scale, he gave the weekend a 5.



$25 Pyramid- I played today and got 4 out of 5. The jackpot for Monday will be $30.

Curbside Shopping-Scott was a little freaked out that he put his old porch furniture out last night and this morning when he left for work it was gone. He was hoping someone would take it, but it's still a little weird when someone actually does. Have you ever done a little dumpster diving or curbside shopping? I must admit, I took 2 metal shelves from a neighbors trash when I moved into my new house to put in my garage and I still have them.



Debbie Harry-The lead singer of Blondie joined Scott and Erica this morning. She has a new CD out called "Necessary Evil" and you can find out more about it at http://www.deborahharry.com/

No comments: